OPENING THE DOORS OF OUR THREE CHURCHES
This week the Church will be open for the public celebration of Mass:
(please note that social distancing of 1m plus a face covering must be maintained and the instructions for seating and movement within the church given by Stewards must be followed)
Friday 17th July - 10.00am St Joseph’s
Saturday 18th July - 5.30pm St Joseph's
Sunday 19th July - 9.00am Holy Family
Sunday 19th July - 11.00am St Joseph’s
Sunday 19th July - 5.30pm St Teresa’s
This week each Church will open for private prayer
(please note social distancing must be maintained and instructions given by Stewards must be followed)
Wednesday 15th July 5-7pm
Fundamentally, what will determine the times and days our churches can be opened and Mass celebrated within them is the required presence of at least two volunteer stewards and a ‘background’ team of cleaners. Without these stewards present, a church will have to remain closed. See below for more details about how you can help...
.....Volunteers are needed and must not be from those instructed to shield themselves, nor from those under 18 or over 70 years old, or from groups considered more vulnerable to coronavirus. It is required that at least one steward at any time comes from a group that already exercises some role within the parish. Volunteers are also needed to be part of equally important socially distancing cleaning teams. If you feel you can help please email the parish office with the subject line ‘Volunteer’. Pass the word around and encourage others to come forward as well. Thank you.
The Catholic Bishops of England and Wales state: "The global spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a fast-evolving situation. From Saturday, 4 July, Catholic churches that are safely able to do so will be allowed to resume collective acts of worship whilst complying with social distancing requirements".
However a number of churches within the Diocese continue live streaming Mass
, click here
to find an online service near you.
A number of parishes in our Diocese are live streaming Mass and other services online, allowing our many congregations to continue participating in the spiritual life of the Church at this time of Covid-19. They include:
- St Dunstan’s: http://st-dunstans.org/streaming/ Sunday Mass 6:00 pm (Vigil)/ 9.00 /10:30 /5.30pm, 10:00 weekdays, (Also Sunday masses in Italian and Portuguese - see website for times)
- St Mary of the Angels, Worthing: https://www.stmaryoftheangels.org.uk/catholic-mass-online/ Sunday: 10:30am, Weekdays: 10am
- Sacred Heart, Caterham: https://www.churchservices.tv/caterham Sunday 9am, weekdays 10 am
- Sacred Heart, Hove: http://www.sacredhearthove.org.uk/videos.html Sunday 9.30 & 11.30, weekday times vary
- St Paul’s in Haywards Heath: https://en-gb.facebook.com/St.Pauls.RH16/ Sundays; 5pm (Vigil)/10.30, Weekdays: 9.30am
- St John the Evangelist Horsham https://www.stjohnshorsham.com/ Sundays 6:00pm (Vigil)/8:00am/10:00 am, weekdays 10am
- Holy Name, Esher, http://www.holynameesher.org.uk/ Sunday 10am, weekdays 9.30
You can keep up-to-date with their news here
Text of the Homily
at the private funeral of Archbishop Peter Smith RIP
The Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham has daily live streams, as well as recordings, available at: https://walsingham.org.uk/live-stream/
. Following the Re-dedication of England on Sunday 29th March, a Novena to Our Lady
will be said at the Shrine following every Mass, until the end of the pandemic.