Please note that ALL PUBLIC LITURGIES have been suspended for the time being. Following Bishop Richard’s invitation to parish priests, Fr Tony will continue to celebrate Mass privately each day.
Cathedral Masses - Each Thursday at 7.00pm
for those who are sick, and their families, are suffering many hardships of isolation from contact with those they love. Our front-line workers in hospitals and in care homes all over our lands are giving exceptional service to those who are vulnerable at this time. In order to show a spiritual solidarity with all those who are involved, each week from next Thursday, a Catholic Bishop will celebrate Mass in their Cathedral which will be live-streamed for people to join.
Churches within the Diocese live streaming Mass: The Catholic Bishops of England and Wales issued an important statement yesterday “In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, so many aspects of our lives must change. This includes the ways in which we publicly express our faith. It is very clear that, following official advice and in order to keep each other safe, save lives and support the NHS, at this time we must not gather for public acts of worship in our churches.” These changes will come in to effect on Friday 20th March.
There are a growing number of churches live streaming Mass
, click here
to find an online service near you.
A number of parishes in our Diocese are live streaming Mass and other services online, allowing our many congregations to continue participating in the spiritual life of the Church at this time of Covid-19. They include:
- St Dunstan’s: http://st-dunstans.org/streaming/ Sunday Mass 6:00 pm (Vigil)/ 9.00 /10:30 /5.30pm, 10:00 weekdays, (Also Sunday masses in Italian and Portuguese - see website for times)
- St Mary of the Angels, Worthing: https://www.stmaryoftheangels.org.uk/catholic-mass-online/ Sunday: 10:30am, Weekdays: 10am
- Sacred Heart, Caterham: https://www.churchservices.tv/caterham Sunday 9am, weekdays 10 am
- Sacred Heart, Hove: http://www.sacredhearthove.org.uk/videos.html Sunday 9.30 & 11.30, weekday times vary
- St Paul’s in Haywards Heath: https://en-gb.facebook.com/St.Pauls.RH16/ Sundays; 5pm (Vigil)/10.30, Weekdays: 9.30am
- St John the Evangelist Horsham https://www.stjohnshorsham.com/ Sundays 6:00pm (Vigil)/8:00am/10:00 am, weekdays 10am
- Holy Name, Esher, http://www.holynameesher.org.uk/ Sunday 10am, weekdays 9.30
You can keep up-to-date with their news here
Text of the Homily
at the private funeral of Archbishop Peter Smith RIP
The Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham has daily live streams, as well as recordings, available at: https://walsingham.org.uk/live-stream/
. Following the Re-dedication of England on Sunday 29th March, a Novena to Our Lady
will be said at the Shrine following every Mass, until the end of the pandemic.
Wintershall: The Passion of Jesus and One Good Friday story
Wintershall is committed to returning to Trafalgar Square with the Passion of Jesus play on 2 April 2021 and many of the One Good Friday locations have already committed to do the same in their towns and cities on the same day.